Monday, June 4, 2007

Cingular BlackJack: Nice phone with good quality 1.3 megapixel photos, videos




Courtesy of AT&T/Cingular, I've been testing a couple of cellular phones, including the Samsung BlackJack (see left). I like it. It's a thin, light, quad band, 3G (HSDPA) Windows Mobile 5 handset with a QWERTY keyboard, a 1.3 megapixel camera and video recording, nice screen, external (yea!) microSD slot and Bluetooth. It feels good in my hand and slips into my shirt pocket.

I know some people aren't fans of Windows Mobile and it can indeed take an extra keystroke or two to accomplish some actions compared to, say, the [aging] Palm OS. But Windows Mobile has come a long way since its initial bloated, buggy code.

But isn't that often the way with a lot of Microsoft software? And, I'm interested in testing the latest version: Windows Mobile 6.

No comments: